Wednesday, August 29, 2012

more watercolors...a commission and a warm up sketch

Ive taken on a very exciting full-time project which I hope to be able to announce soon.....it calls for digital art so but I am determined to get in at least one watercolor sketch 6 days a week.

Up top is a commission I recently completed. Personally, this is not my style of architecture and yellow is my least favorite color to work with...I really enjoyed the challenge of finding my fun and interest in this piece.

On the bottom is a quick watercolor warmup sketch I did this morning. Straight to watercolor, no pencil, in about 20 min....It was a great exercise in visualizing the end goal before each brush stroke.

3 comments:

Juan Carlos Partidas said...

You are absolutely a Master, using your Watercolors. :)

Caroline C. said...

I came across your blog because of your art piece on Amanda Todd that was linked from a Georgia Straight online article...such gorgeous art! I am a fashion arts student who hopes to get better at watercolours, you're a inspiration! I'll be following you...

Jesse Winchester said...

Wow.
Thanks so much!