Sunday, January 6, 2013

"The Fantastic Dream" watercolour

This commissioned work was deeply enjoyable for me, and a big honor. Craig Allen Conoley, owner/director of Partus Films, hired me to create this watercolor painting based on his childhood memories, dreams, and family memoirs. Craig will bring this to his tattoo artist to have permanently committed to his left arm as a sleeve.

I have had the privilege of working with Craig on Ian Keteku's "Kay", and am a big fan of his work.

With a focus on surreal composition and alternating value patterns, I did my best to honor the very personal concepts of this piece.

"The Fantastic Dream"
watercolour and colerase pencil on 140lb hot press cotton paper
12x14 inches






2 comments:

Milio said...

Jesse , so far. You impove your art everyday

wren said...

Excellent one Mr. Winchester. This is a treat to get to explore and I am glad you did the close ups.